Thursday, September 19, 2013

OBSESSED! e.l.f. Primer & Liner Sealer

When I sat a department store makeup counter over 15 years ago learning how to do my makeup primers didn't exist. I have always hated spending so much time doing my eye make up just to have ugly color creases, color fade out & black eye boogers by lunch. Primers are a new wave in the makeup world and made to prohibit that exact thing! To make it better there seems to be a primer for everything, so which do you pick?!

Obsessed!
I am absolutely OBSESSED! with e.l.f. products as a whole.They make a great, drugstore product with a low price point and their stuff holds up to the name they put on it. And this little doozie takes the cake! I have numerous primers that I use for various times and reasons I use one over the other but this is my GO TO daily primer for my everyday looks.

Why I am OBSESSED!
e.l.f.'s eye primer & liner sealer is a great dual product and anything that gets me a two for one has already started off on a good note! And the price point is ridiculously low for such an amazing product!
Eye Primer:
The twist up primer has the consistency of a lipstick so it glides gently across the eye lid for easy distribution. The primer comes in several shades to give you a natural, skin toned base to work off of. A lot of primers out there give you a whitish color which isn't great if you are going for a neutral or darker look.
This primer keeps my eyeshadow in check for the work day & then some. I don't get those oily creases and my color doesn't fade out.
Liner Sealer:
 I am a lover of black eyeliner and I like dragging it very far into the corners of my eyes. I'm also knows for wearing double wings and colored lower liners too. The oil from my skin causes the liner to run after a while producing those nasty black eye goobers. This sealer goes over your eyeliner to lock it in place all day. You can even dip the wand into a colored eyeshadow to create a custom colored liner.

How I Use Them
Eye Primer: 

  • On a clean face gently swipe the primer over your eye lid (and I use in the dark parts of the eye/nose bridge to help lock my concealer). 
  • I use a concealer brush to smooth the product out. More is not better with this product, if you get too much your shadow will get cakey.
  • Tap your shadow into your eye unless you are blending. This gives you more concentration of color & pushes the shadow into the primer for better hold. For colors that I want to stay extra vivid & locked in place I dampen my brush with Mac Fix Plus then tap the color in (see our OBSESSED! archive to learn the other ways I use Fix Plus).
Liner Sealer:

  • After applying your eyeliner, remove sealant wand from tube. Make sure to drag off the excess inside the tube. You don't want this product running into your eyes, it will sting.
  • Gently tap the wand along the liner line & allow to dry.
  • I've used this to set eyebrow fills as well.
  • To create a custom liner, dip the wand into a loose pigment color & draw on like a liquid liner. This stains the wand so be sure to wipe off the excess before reinserting back into the tube. 
You can pick up this great little duo for $3 at Target or buy online straight from e.l.f. At that price I stock up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers will be blocked!