Thursday, June 27, 2013

OBSESSED! FakeBake Flawless

FakeBake Flawless has quickly made our Summer OBSESSED! lineup! And in our opinion it is the cream of the crop! This isn't your mother's messy, sticky, leaves you orange sunless tanner, this product gives you a natural, warm glow without a lot of mess or fuss.

Obsessed!

Summer calls for a a gorgeous tan but sun worshiping and tanning beds can kill your skin and age you rapidly. Self tanners have come come a long way. A good one will give you natural color and can be a life saver for your skin!

Why I Am OBSESSED! 
After lot of trial and error I have fallen in love with this product! It is easy to use, has a great smell and best of all it works on all skin tones! I featured this product at my quarterly Ladies' Roundtable where we demo and play with all of the products we feature on our site. I had 6 ladies with skin tones that ranged from dark & olive to pink with lots of freckles. This product gave each lady a different color that complimented her skin. It looked totally natural. The mitt (included with the product along with rubber gloves for extra protection) makes application easy & lets your buff the product into your skin to prevent streaks and leaves a nice balanced color. 

How I Use It
  • I apply this at night as it does need to set in. 
  • Take a shower, shave (or wax a day or two prior), and exfoliate rough areas like hands, feet, ankles, knees & elbows.
  • Apply a good moisturizer immediately after your shower (don't use anything too thick or balmy as it can act like a barrier & not allow the color to penetrate).
  • Let your skin thoroughly dry, I give mine about 30 minutes. Long enough to brush my teeth, comb through my hair and load the dishwasher :)
  • Put on the rubber gloves provided in the box. I start with the mitt on my dominant hand.
  • I perch on the side of the tub for easy clean up. Starting at the legs, I spray the product directly on the skin and use the mitt, rubbing in a small circular motion to distribute the product evenly on the skin. 
  • For feet & hands, spritz the mitt once with the tanner & lightly swipe down hands & feet with fingers & toes straight out. 
  • This product won't clog pores so I do use it on my face. Similar to doing my hands & feet, I spritz the glove and rub into my face making sure I swipe back into my hair line, ears & down the neck. 
  • Allow 5-10 minutes for the product to dry before getting dressed. You should avoid water, sweating or putting on another products or creams for 4-6 hours to allow the product to set in to the skin (this is why I apply it at night or on a day I'm just lounging around the house)
  • You will loose some color on your initial shower. After your initial shower make sure to moisturize well. The more moisturized your skin is, the longer it will keep color.
  • The box recommends reapplying 2x per week. I go 1-2x depending on how much time I have. 
  • You can also use a bronzing lotion like Jergens Natural Glow or Hemp Bronzing Moisturizer along with this to extend the color & cut back on the number of applications.
  • For an extra summer bronze goddess look on a special occasion, pair this up with our Spring Obsession Too Face Royal Oil Body Bronzer!
You can find this & other FakeBake products online at FakeBake or at your local Ulta Store for $24.99. If you like it, stock up on Amazon for almost half the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers will be blocked!